Day 2 at Mercato Centrale's Favorites Weekend Treat

May 03, 2011

My first day at Mercato Centrale was really enjoyable. I was able to visit and taste the food offered by 7 of the 15 Mercato’s Favorite Food Stalls. On the second day, I was dead set on completing the remaining 8.

I brought my cousin who was with me during the first day, and since my mom has things to attend to, my sister joined us instead. It was her first time, and she loved it. Here are the remaining food stalls I visited last Sunday at Mercato’s favorite Weekend Treat.
Little Miss O.C.'s Kitchen
First thing that you'll notice in this food stall is the Mercato Favorites Weekend Treat Cake. Next are the cute little cupcakes. It is probably one of the cutest stalls in the place, and one of the best tasting cupcakes I ever had. Children will surely enjoy this wonderful treats from Little Miss O.C.'s Kitchen.
Little Miss O.C.'s Kitchen
Magallanes Village, Makati City
Phone 0917-812-6844

Mercato Central's Favorite Weekend Treat Cake

Super cute Cupcakes

Off Beat Kitchen
Home of the off beat burger. I've been hearing raves about their Krispy Kreme Donut Burger and Ensaymada Burger and I knew that I should have it. No regrets. These two insanely weird but delicious burgers are reason enough why you should go to Mercato every weekend.

Off Beat Kitchen
7274 Malugay Street Makati City, 1203 Makati, Philippines
Contact Nos.: 0916-611-80-36/0916-434-59-45

Off Beat Glazed Donut Bun Burger



Ensaymada Chorizo Burger

Homemade Ravioli
I love raviolis but it is sad that I only knew few restaurants which sells ravioli fit to my liking. Homemade Ravioli by Purplemustard Food Solutions is definitely one of the best I had so far. Their raviolis has generous stuffing that a couple of packets are enough for one to have a happy filled tummy.

Homemade Ravioli
Contact nos.: 0917-8291900
02-9648034
email: purplemustard.food.solutions@gmail.com
on facebook
on twitter


Spinach Cream Ravioli

JAM Foods Angus Beef Tapa
truth be told, this is so far the best Beef Tapa I ever had. It was so good it makes me cry. they uses high quality Angus Beef that every shred of meat screams delicious in your face. This is probably one of the many reasons why I would still want to go back to Mercato!

JAM Foods Angus Tapa
Contact no.: (632) 633-0152 (look for Cora)
Email: koyen.cipriano@gmail.com
Facebook: Jam Foods Angus Tapa


Angus Beef Tapa

A tub of JAM Food's Beef Tapa
Big Bob's Charcoal Grilled Burger
I am big when it comes to burger but I am very picky that is why although I've been eating burgers most of the time but I blog only few of them. Big Bob's made it to my list. This juicy charcoal grilled burger is really something. Its humongous serving and kick ass taste is the type you would crave for.

Big Bob's Charcoal Grilled Burger
Mercato Centrale
Fri: 10:00 pm - 3:00 am
Sat: 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
10:00 pm - 3:00 am
Sun: 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
email: bigbobs.mercato@gmail.com


Big Bob's Burger
Tina's Pie
Just like Gail Ang's Simply Pie, I've had Tina's Pie before at Dessert Comes First 6th Anniversary party and until now, just a thought of it never fails to brighten my day. They are known for delightfully delicious varieties of gourmet savory pies such as smoked salmon and prawns, beef and san mig light, cheese steak and many more.

Tina's Pie
savourypies@gmail.com
Contact No.: (63) 917 831 0925
Website: http://www.savourypies.multiply.com
On Facebook

Savory Pies


Bale Dutung
Their Pan De Bagnet and Lechon Tortilla is making a name for itself. That is why you can rarely see their stalls without customers lining up for their share of heavenly goodness treat only Bale Dutung can offer.

Bale Dutung
Contact Nos.: 0917-5250218 or 0917-5359198
email: buzz.nico.bailon@gmail.com
mquioctayag@yahoo.com

Slices of Bagnet
Bale Dutung's Pan De Bagnet

Manang's Kitchen
Their awesome Double Deep Fried Crispy Chicken is one of Mercato's gem, in my opinion. Although I love Chicken Charlie's Bonchon Chicken to the core, this one is also good in its own right. No wonder people are lining up incessantly for their share of wondrous crunchy bite of Manang's Chicken.


Manang's Chicken
Email: manangschicken@gmail.com
Contact Nos.: 0920-9210935, 0922-8164270
Website: http://www.manangschicken.com
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/manangschicken?sk=wall
Twitter @ManangsChicken


Manang's Chicken
Manang's Crispy Chicken in Hot and Spicy Sauce

So, I have already completed 15 Mercato's Favorite Food Stalls. Some of which we have eaten there while some we just brought home. Good thing that Mercato is also selling a re-usable bag made of clothe so that some of the food we can no longer consume because our tummy is seriously filled with lot's of food. They also sell Mercato Apron which I'll probably buy soon.


Mercato Bag

My cousin Rachel and sister Chel with their Mercato Bag, Me, busy taking photos of some of the food we purchased.


I have already presented 15 food stalls which are included in Mercato Favorites, but believe it or not, there are still quite a number of food stalls we visited which are all noteworthy. Also, it was that weekend that Mercato launched its Producers Market. With that, I don't think I should stop in this part two of my Mercato Visit. So, stay tuned as I share with you my other Mercato Centrale's food finds soon.

Mercato Centrale
Location:34th street and 8th avenue (across MC Home Depot)
Fri: 10:00 pm - 3:00 am
Sat: 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
10:00 pm - 3:00 am
Sun: 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
www.mercatocentrale.ph
admin@mercatocentrale.ph
+63917 5318949
On Facebook
On Twitter



6 comments on "Day 2 at Mercato Centrale's Favorites Weekend Treat"
  1. the ensaymada chorizo burger looks divine. cant wait it try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi domjullian, yes it is divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your blog won in the Mercato Centrale Weekend Treats! Pls check the link for details:
    http://www.mercatocentrale.ph/congratulations-to-the-winning-bloggers-of-the-mercato-favorites-weekend-treats-contest/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you so much! :D More power to Mercato Centrale and thank you for always giving us wonderful foodie experience :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking for a cupcake with unusual flavors at Mercato Centrale. not Baked by Anita. the owner is Maritess Li's sis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Atimiti, I haven't met certain Maritess Li who sells cupcake at Mercato pa. Will visit them soon and I'll let you know sis pag nakita ko.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on today's blog post. But no, link droppers will never be approved. Thank you!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature