Mary Grace Cafe, Greenbelt 2

February 17, 2012

I always believe that aesthetic component of a restaurant adds pleasure to the entire dining experience.  I guess that is why I am a sucker for beautiful interiors.  Yet, there are times when dining al fresco sounds rather enticing.  Sadly not all of my favorite restaurants offer outside dining areas.  But the few who does are all impressive. Take for example Tatung’s Café and Bag of Beans.  Good thing that my recent visit to Mary Grace Café at Greenbelt 2 gave me a chance to have an addition to my short list of restaurants with beautiful outdoor dining area.

I was dead set on skipping an afternoon snack that day since my friend D and I were scheduled to attend a dinner.  Yet, upon seeing how lovely the ambiance at Mary Grace Café, we decided otherwise.

Their branch in Serendra is the one I usually frequent to. Although it has an outdoor dining area, the space is limited and it is almost always filled with diners.  This branch at Greenbelt 2 occupies a much larger outdoor space, hence it's more comfortable.  The sound of the gushing water from what looks like an outdoor shower and the garden-like set up of the whole area makes it enticing even to those who are just passing by.
Wooden chairs and table set up blends perfectly well with the homey feel of the ambiance.
Since we're about to have a dinner in two hours, we decided to order a light snack and share. We had their Grilled Three-Cheese Ensaimada (Php157).  This is included on their "Mary Grace Ensaimada with a Twist" menu list among other varieties such as Laguna Cheese, Banana Chocolate, and more.  If you're a cheese lover like I am, this cheesy twist can be a welcome change to the usual regular variant.
Well thought-out little trinkets thrown in for added design and the letters from customers enclosed in the table echoes a personal touch to the place. I think that is what Mary Grace Cafe is known for.
We also had their Mexicana Tsokolate (Php73). It is basically hot chocolate spiked with cinnamon and chili.  Perfect combination for the ensaimada.
Nothing beats dining in a homey ambiance in the middle of a rather busy place.
Their Classic Carbonara (Php203) has just the right amount of creaminess to it.  I appreciate the generous bacon and mushroom that graced the pasta. 
Their Apple and Cinnamon Honey Iced Tea (Php73) has always been my favorite among the other variants.  My friend didn't like that much though, so I ended up finishing the entire glass.
The combination of different lamps which serves as a chandelier to the place highlights the rustic touch of the ambiance. Although Mary Grace Cafe are known for its homey interior, it was the first time that I get to appreciate its outside dining area more.  And for this alone, I can see myself visiting the place again to have my share of the comfort food in the homey ambiance they offer.



Mary Grace Cafe
Greenbelt 2, Ayala Center
Paseo de Roxas corner Legaspi St. Makati City
(63 2) 5013089 / (63 2) 5013093 / (63 917) 5439402
website: www.marygracecafe.com


16 comments on "Mary Grace Cafe, Greenbelt 2"
  1. Oh, my! Such an enchanting-looking place! I must visit soon! The place looks lovely. I love outdoor dining areas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cafe Mary Grace :) If I'm craving for great pasta, I always go there. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna try their pasta!! But I love the cheese rolls there <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing you featured the outside area, it was lovely inside but there is a different feel outside too! I love how they've used a variety of accents to get that homey garden feel.
    Love their ensaimadas and hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, oh, have you tried their comfort rooms? It would be such an experience as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do love their carbonara and the mango something cake.. i can't remember the exact name but its one of my favorite there..

    ReplyDelete
  7. i do love their carbonara and the mango something cake.. i can't remember the exact name but its one of my favorite there..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, the ambiance was amazing. But I had one bad experience here, they let me wait for 45mins for a coffee. sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Mary Grace cafe! They have one of the best food and resto decor ever. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool place, the ensaimada and tsokolate are winners! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Mary Grace's pastas. And I do love their decor! It's like an eye adventure; spotting things and trinkets all over the place XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This branch of Mary Grace looks so cozy and interesting. I really need to go to Greenbelt soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ms. Yedy! Saw your comment on my Swensen's review. Sadly, apart from ice cream and sundaes, Swensen's only have coffee and smoothies :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. We haven't been to Mary Grace Cafe, but we sure would like to experience the homey ambiance and enjoy the delicious foods they serve here.

    http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2012/02/delicious-spam-musubi-from-mister-musubi/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a fan of Mary Grace's pastries but I haven't been here. Looks perfect for that afternoon get together with friends or a cozy date with hubby. I will definitely check out this place.:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on today's blog post. But no, link droppers will never be approved. Thank you!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature