Jasmine, New World Hotel in Makati City

January 24, 2012

Yesterday I shared with you the Ultimate 18 Treasure Feast we had at New World Hotel’s Jasmine Restaurant in Makati City. It’s one of their special lunch and dinner menus that are available from January 18 to 30, 2012. While the magnanimous basin of 18 treasure feast was enough to satisfy our group, a la cart dishes were also served which left us all the more satisfied and filled.
Located at the 2nd floor of New World Hotel in Makati City, Jasmine boast of its authentic Cantonese fare coupled with impeccable service in an elegant ambiance.  A marriage between modern flair and oriental style, Jasmine’s interior mirrors the aesthetic sense that will play in your palate in every dish that they offer.

After munching on some steamed peanuts, har gaw and pork siumai were the first to graced our table.  After a bite of each, I realized that dimsum never tasted that good.  Pork Siumai were very meaty and succulent.  The har gaw or ha kaw were very nice to the bite.  I love the little chewiness of the translucent covering.  It doesn’t easily breaks which made it all the more exciting to eat because upon digging your teeth further, plump shrimp will welcome your palate in all its juiciness and glory.
Har Gaw
Pork Siumai

Aside from the Ultimate 18 Treasure Feast, their Wagyu Beef and Mango Roll was my favorite that night.  Thin slice of beef coupled with mango, wrapped in a thin crunchy puff pastry and tied with a strip of nori.  The savory taste of the tender beef and the sweetness of mango blend perfectly well, while the crunchy texture of the wrapper adds an exciting flair to the bite.
Wagyu Beef with Mango Roll
Their Shrimp Mousse with Vegetarian Sauce looks like the usual shrimp balls but way tastier.  It was made all the more savory with the vegetarian sauce that comes with it. I’m crazy about oysters so when the Deep Fried Oysters was served, I enjoyed it immensely.  The distinct taste of the oyster was further enhanced by the minced fried garlic on top of it. 
Shrimp Mousse with Vegetarian Sauce
Deep Fried Oysters

The Steamed Gizzard was tasty but a tad too chewy for me.  Not really my favorite but I think it would be perfect accompaniment for beer on a drinking session.  The Steamed Live Garoupa with Soy Sauce was impeccable.  Perfectly steamed and it doesn’t taste fishy at all.
Steamed Gizzard
Steamed live Garoupa with Soy sauce


I was full by the time the Beef with XO Sauce was set on our table but it was too hard to resist not to grab a bite of two.  Good thing I did because it turns out to be one of the best tasting beef dishes I’ve had.  It was so tender while the XO sauce was a push and pull of savory sweet flavor that made the beef more pleasing to the palate.
Beef with XO sauce
Since the dinner was in line with the Chinese New Year, we were served buchi, tikoy, and almond jelly with mixed fresh fruits.  It was the usual Chinese dessert but it was the perfect sweets to seal the night of wonderful Chinese dinner.
Buchi, Tikoy, and Almond Jelly with Fresh Fruits
It was a pleasant dinner that made Jasmine Restaurant occupies a space in my heart.  The food were lovely and the ambiance was comfortable.  It’s the kind of hotel restaurant that I could definitely recommend for those who want to have authentic Chinese food with quality service.
Check out the Ultimate 18 Treasure Feast on my previous post

Their special menu for the Chinese New Year which I have written on my previous post is available until the 30th of January, while their regular a la cart menu is available all year round. For reservation, you may call them at 11-6888 local 3338.
  
Jasmine Restaurant
2nd flr. New World Hotel,
Esperanza street, corner Makati Avenue
Makati City.

Call them at 811-6888 local 3338 for reservations.


 

9 comments on "Jasmine, New World Hotel in Makati City"
  1. What a lavish meal! I've been to several Chinese restaurants but I've never seen these on the menu. I would like to try everything you posted! The wagyu beef with mango roll is the most interesting to me. :) I guess it's quite expensive though? Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the place is cozy and beautiful, and the food looks promising, I am a buchi lover, i want to taste their food

    thanks,
    Fit and Fashion Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chinese food is my favorite dish. I go gaga for hakao and garoupa. I think I will pay this resto a visit soon.

    -KC Canlas

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow to all the food.the wagyu and fried oyster caught my attention. i would like to have those. and all the food really looks yummy.The place is so high class,good ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jasmine Resto in Makati City is one, I think, of those elegant restos. The foods which are from her "magnanimous" basin of 18 treasure feast are so very luscious, nutritious and yummy. What about the prices of those foods? I believe they are too expensive!

    Random analysis from Gil Camporazo of RandomThoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so yummy! Specially the 18 treasures! :)
    followed you! :)

    http://crayonspencils.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made my tummy grumble! I'm hungry now :( anyway nice post! It's delicious in the pictures for sure it is in the personal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been too long since I last had a decent fix of Chinese food! This makes me want to crave more :>

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am craving for those foods looks very delicious, I really thankful for this blog because of it I now know where in Makati City hotels I can go and take note it has a great restaurant I want too. I am very impressed for this beautiful presentation; I can't wait to see this place.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on today's blog post. But no, link droppers will never be approved. Thank you!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature