Gastronomy by Joy First Year Celebration

November 02, 2011

Last Saturday, I was invited by fellow blogger Joy of Gastronomy by Joy Blog to be part of her thanksgiving celebration as her blog turns one year old. Joy’s blog is one of those few blogs I get to visit whenever I have the time to blog hop. Aside from food and restaurant reviews that she writes about, it was the way she incorporate her family life to her posts that I find quite endearing.

The intimate celebration was held at Pages Deli at Shangri La Mall and Bistro Vignette at Ortigas Center. It was graced by the presence of fellow bloggers Peach of The Peach Kitchen with her adorable daughter Ikay, and Raymond of Food Health Reviews. Also with us was Chef Anna of My Pink Wasabi whose Kashi Makis never fail to make celebrations extra special.


Peach of The Peach Kitchen and Joy of Gastronomy by Joy


Chef Anna of Pink Wasabi and Raymond of Food Health Reviews

It was my first time to meet Joy, and judging from her blog posts I have read, I knew from the heart that she’s one of those I can easily get along with, and I was right. We had a great time exchanging stories about almost anything under the sun. Raymond and Chef Anna unfortunately wasn’t able to join us when we transferred to Bistro Vignette, but I am looking forward to meeting up and bonding with them again in the future.

Peachy, one of my favorite bloggers for her gorgeous food photos was equally easy and fun to talk with. Her daughter Ikay was really adorable and as funny as her mom! Really endearing mother and daughter tandem, I must say.

The celebration was completed by the food we had feasted on which are not just pleasing to the eyes, presentation-wise but delectably pleasing to the palate as well. I was only able to grab a glass of Iced Tea at Pages Deli because I came late but I have reviewed them before and I am confident that this quaint café never disappoint.

Bistro Vignette

Bistro Vignette, on the other hand caught my attention. Located at Ortigas Park, it was one of the restaurants which struck me with the ambiance alone. As for the food, everything I have tasted was good. I will still go back to the place before I do a full review. 

Joy's wonderful treats

Joy’s generosity didn’t end with the scrumptious treats at this two restaurants, because we went home not empty handed.  When Joy handed me the Kashi Maki by Pink Wasabi, I was delighted.  I have not tasted everything on Pink Wasabi’s selection and now I have added new favorites on my list. 

Whenever Joy post cupcakes on her blog I always wonder how does it taste, so when we were given a box of her delectable cupcakes I was equally delighted.  The cupcakes were great, my nephew started munching on it when I got home and he liked it.   

Lastly, I was surprised when we were handed the Ponti Aceto Balsamico.  I love balsamic vinegar and I am picky when it comes to it.  Problem is, there are few balsamic here in the metro that suits to my palate.  When I tasted Ponti’s Glassa Gastronomica Aceto Balsamico, I am impressed. I wonder if it is available here in the country.




Gastronomy By Joy’s first year celebration was a night of bonding filled with fun, stories, and food.  For me, it is always a beautiful experience meeting people who share the same passion and love for life.  I am always grateful to be part of the celebration, and all the more grateful to meet new friends.

To Joy, thank you and cheers to more delicious blogging years ahead!



4 comments on "Gastronomy by Joy First Year Celebration"
  1. It was nice having dinner with you and Joy , Yedy. You are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Peach, I had a great time too :) I sure hope there will be another foodie bonding next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never fail to make me smile, Yedy! Thanks for sharing the experience with me, had a wonderful time with you, Peach and Ikay. Of course as always, Chef Anna's sweet creations are a delight, t'was nice to meet Anthony as well...
    More, more foodie bonding of course!
    Cheers to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Joy! looking forward to meeting you guys again :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on today's blog post. But no, link droppers will never be approved. Thank you!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature