Day 1 at Mercato Favorites Weekend Treat

May 02, 2011

After spending weeks gorging on the blandest food known to mankind due to my allergy, I was finally on a roll when my physician gave me a green light to enjoy again eating real food. It calls for a celebration and just in time for that, Mercato Centrale announced that they are going to have their Favorites Weekend Treat wherein everyone can enjoy great deals and discounts from 15 of the most celebrated food stalls in Mercato.

I guess it’s just the sheer excitement of visiting the foodie heaven again, but boy did I take the invite seriously. For my celebratory come back of being a true blooded food lover, I vowed to visit Mercato Centrale and try out all the food that the 15 Food Stalls offer. For some, it was a shallow pursuit, for others, it was a challenge. For me, it was a celebration.

15 Mercato Favorites Food Stalls and then some great foodie find, 2 delightful days of glorious food festivity, 1 curious foodie.

This is a two part blog post. I’ll let you take a peek on what I have enjoyed during my two day weekend visit at Mercato. Let me tell you though ahead of time that each of the food stalls, and not just those who gave away deals and discounts but other merchants as well are worthy to have their own blog post here. So, what you are about to read are just snippets stories and photos because in the coming days, I will be writing about each of them.


For now, join me as I remember how good those foods are, and how fantastic my Mercato experience was.



DAY ONE


SIMPLY PIE

First time I got a chance to taste these cute mini quiches at The Best Food Forward Food Fair, I instantly fell in love with it. When I attended Dessert Comes First 6th Anniversary Party, I am already a fan, and when I bought a box of nine at Mercato, it only steeled my resolved that these mini pieces of heaven can really melt my heart!

I have enjoyed their Spinach, Feta, Sundried Tomatoes Mini Quiche and Mushroom & Sour Cream Mini Quiche before and loved it immensely, and when I tasted their Bacon and Gruyere Mini Quiche, it’s like finding my soul mate. I also bought Chicken Dijon Baby Pie, equally awesome!

Simply Pie!
Baby Pies, Puff Pies, Muffins, Healthy Cakes
For Orders or Inquiries:
Contact Person: Gail Ang
Tel. No.: 4123677
Mobile No.: 0922-8822194
Email: gailgenevieve@yahoo.com
Website: www.simplypie.multiply.com
Facebook: www.facebbok.com/simplypie


Spinach, Feta, Sundried Tomatoes Mini Quiche, Mushroom & Sour Cream Mini Quiche, Bacon and Gruyere Mini Quiche

Chicken Dijon Baby!


Gail Ang, home baker at Simply Pie! She's as lovely and as cute as her mini quiches!

MOCHIKO MOCHI ICE CREAM

I am not big when it comes to glutinous rice and Mochis are made of them. When I tasted Mochiko’s Mochi filled Ice cream, particularly the caramel flavor, I went back the next day to try their Green Tea and Coffee variants. Yes, you know the score. I love it and I would probably be haunted not just by pits of cravings but curiosity as well as to what do the other flavors taste like.

Mochiko
Visit their stores at:
Unit 3 The Cliffhouse, Maharlika East, Aguinaldo Highway, Tagaytay City
FIC Summer Cafe, Alabang Town Center
Boracay
BF Paranaque
Marquee Mall Angeles City
Subic
Mobile Number: +639228118771
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mochikomochi

Green Tea and Coffee Mochis

Mochiko Mochi Ice Cream

Genius People behind Mochiko

MERRY MOO ICE CREAM


I’ve already heard people rave about their Ice Cream and I was dead set on getting the Candied Bacon Flavor Ice Cream but little did I know that they change their flavors every week. I am impressed when I was told that, and I was further impressed when I get to try their Sea Salt Caramel Flavor and the Coffee Kahlua Flavor. Even my mother was so happy with her share of refreshingly delightful cup of ice cream. No wonder that it was one of the stalls that’s always surrounded by people wanting to beat the heat of the summer afternoon. It is one of the best ice creams I’ve ever tasted!

Merry Moo Ice Cream
Contact Person: Kelvin Ngo
Email: merrymoo@ymail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Merry-Moo-Ice-Cream


Sea Salt Caramel and Coffee Kahlua Ice Cream

Kelvin Ngo, friendly and bubbly owner of Merry Moo

CHUCK’S GRUBBERIE

Chuck’s beer-battered fish and chips are definitely a stellar. It has enough crunch on the outside, and a tasty fillet of fish inside. They offer Dory, Snapper, and Mahi-Mahi, and everything was really delicious. For the sauce, you have an option such as Tartare Sauce, Garlic Mayo, and Good Old Vinegar. Their potato wedges with skin was equally tasty and worth craving for.

Chuck’s Grubberie
Mercato Centrale @BGC,
every Saturday & Sunday from 6am to 2pm
website: http://twodirtyaprons.wordpress.com

Beer-Battered Fish and Chips



BAKED BY ANITA


These cute mini cupcakes are simply adorable. Varieties of tempting flavors are available such as Apple Caramel, Peanut Butter Truffle, and Red Velvet which I have all tried. Others are Pink Coconut, Cookies and Cream, Mango tamarind, Orange Cranberry and more.

Baked By Anita
Contact Nos.: 0917-525-9740, 0917-844-1403, 0917-827-9311
736-2877 and 361-7992
Twitter: http://twitter.com/BakedbyAnita
website: http://www.bakedbyanita.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BakedbyAnita


Peanut Butter Truffle, Apple caramel, and Red Velvet Mini cupcakes

Mini Cupcakes Baked by Anita
The Lovely Anita

RISA CHOCOLATES

Risa’s melt in your mouth chocolate truffles are simply to die for. I bought a box of six which has variants of flavor such as Orange, Cerveza Negra, Classic Chocolate, Dark Rum, and Cookie Dough. They also sell Cuadro Chocolate Bar which I will be writing more about on its own post.

Risa Chocolates
For orders and inquiries:
Mobile Number: +63918-9424573
Look for Risa
Email: risachocolates@yahoo.com
Website: www.risachocolates.wordpress.com

Chocolate Truffles by Risa

Risa's Chocolates

THE CLASSIC ROAST

The Classic Roast’s Roast Duck wrap is indeed one healthy way to eat duck. Roasted duck wrapped in steamed pecking pancakes, loaded with vegetables and comes with choice of plum or hoisin sauce. For their weekend deal, I was able to get a free cocktail size Duck Siopao. Yum!

The Classic Roast
Website: http://www.theclassicroast.com
Contact Numbers: 911-5795, 911-5718, 09178226400 or 09175285838
Email Add.: contactus@theclassicroast.com

Roast Duck Wrap by The Classic Roast

Aside from the delectable food everyone can enjoy at Mercato, other activities were lined up as well for an ultimate fun foodie experience.

RJ Ledesma, one of Mercato Centrale's owner

Cooking Demo

Hamson Band

Free sketches from Metro Comic Con


Photobooth


I was a happy camper with my box of Simply Pie's Mini Quiches, my cousin Rachel was so into her Chuck's Fish and Chips, and my Mom enjoyed the morning at Mercato.



These are the first 7 of the 15 food stalls included in Mercato’s Favorites which I have tried. I will continue with the next 8 on my next blog post. Stay tuned! :)



Mercato Centrale
Location:34th street and 8th avenue (across MC Home Depot)
Fri: 10:00 pm - 3:00 am
Sat: 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
10:00 pm - 3:00 am
Sun: 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
www.mercatocentrale.ph
admin@mercatocentrale.ph
+63917 5318949
On Facebook
On Twitter



4 comments on "Day 1 at Mercato Favorites Weekend Treat"
  1. thanks so much for this post, very detailed and those food shots are so enticing. we might bring our mom here for mother's day! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Roni :) I'm doing my best to share great gastronomical experiences to everyone. Mercato is a food paradise, I'm sure you and your mom will love it there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Yedy! one more question, the mercato centrale you went to is in the fort, am i correct? just making sure. we have this thing for...uh...getting lost. haha! thanks!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Roni, their address is in 34th street and 8th avenue Bonifacio Global City just right across MC Home Depot. I also get lost easily but their tents are too big not to notice, so it's easy to locate them :) I hope you have fun, their having lot's of good deals this mother's day :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on today's blog post. But no, link droppers will never be approved. Thank you!

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature